.: Our History
Upper and Lower Caldecote are pleasant villages just west of Biggleswade on the other side of the A1. The site of a medieval settlement is close to the green in Upper Caldecote. The village has a school for young children, two churches and two shops.
Caldecote Playing Fields Association is a voluntary organisation run by a committee of people whose main aim is to promote sporting and social activities in the village.
Caldecote Playing Fields Association - CPFA has been in the area called The Pastures in Upper Caldecote since 1955. Our aim is to encourage sporting activities of all kinds and provide a pleasant social environment where people of all ages can enjoy our fully licenced pavilion’s facilities for events, get-togethers or just meeting for a chat and a drink. We have two TV sets, with SKY and BT Sports and free WiFi.
The club buys most of our supplies from Greene King, but we are a "free house" and this enables us to be very competitive on drinks prices. Anyone is welcome to come to the club and enjoy a drink. We require regular visitors to become members -the current annual fee is 12GBp for adults - 6GBp for 65's.
.: Getting to the Club
Contact Telephone: 01767 600236
FIND / CONTACT US We can be found just off the A1 between Sandy and Biggleswade. FROM A1:
Turn left at the sign for Caldecote and follow the road up, take the next left into The Pastures and follow the road round into the Car Park. Our Post Code is SG18 9BQ
The Committee Members are:
Paul Laker - Chairman
Ann Swales - Secretary
Mick Swales - Treasurer
Richard Maudlin - Vice Chairman
Dave Stevenson - Membership Secretary
Other committee members are: Marion Greeves, Dilip Karavadra, Vicky Buckland, Peter Hodgson, Margaret Hodgeson, Simon Maudlin, James Wright, Cherry Sizer, Sid Fage, Gary Allum, Kevin Webb, Fred Gould, Rob Smith, Linda Smith